|Diocese of Saint Joseph is established and Most Reverend J.J. Hogan is appointed our first Bishop.
|Holy Mass is offered in a vacant room over a store located on the northwest corner of King Hill and Missouri Avenue. This is the beginning of our Faith Community.
|Our first Pastor, Reverend James O'Reilly (1900-1910), is appointed by Bishop MF Burke. Father O'Reilly has a two-story church build on the parish property at King Hill Avenue and Michigan Street.
|Under Pastor Reverend James O'Donnell (1910-1926), a school is opened on the second floor of the Church. The original teaching staff is provided by lay personnel.
|Our current church and rectory are completed and dedicated. The architect for the Romanesque-style building is the local architect, Edmond Eckel, well known in the area for other prominent buildings including City Hall. The old church is converted into classrooms for the growing school. The teaching staff is provided by the sisters of Saint Benedict of Atchison, Kansas, and a frame structure is added to the building to provide living quarters for the Sisters.
|A 7-Rank Tracker Pipe Organ is purchased from George Kilgen and Son of Saint Louis, MO.
|Twelve stained glass windows created by nationally recognized artist, Paul Wolff, are installed in the church.
|Under Pastor Reverend MF Connor (1926-1951), the present-day convent is built.
|Under Pastor Right Reverend Monsignor John J. Moriarty (1951-1976), our current school is built in three stages. The Sanctuary and Sacristy floors are refinished. New recessed lighting is installed in the church. The church is rewired and the ceiling is insulated. New steps to the entrance of the church are built. In addition, a new boiler room and garage are constructed.
|Our stained glass windows are repaired and restored by Hauser Art Glass.
|Under Pastor Reverend Richard Ducate (1976-1988), the church is air-conditioned. In addition, the church and sanctuary, as well as the Parish Hall, are remodeled.
|Entrance to the church is made ADA accessible.
|Two stained glass windows flanking each side of the sanctuary are installed in memory of Tim and Lisa Bingaman.
|Reverend Francis Schuele (1993-1996), is appointed Pastor of our parish. He is the first member of Saint James Parish to become our Pastor.
|New boilers are installed in the entire complex, and the church and rectory are tuckpointed.
|Under Pastor Reverend Vincent Rogers (1996-2005), the Parish Center is built. The center includes office space, a gym with a portable stage and locker rooms, a kitchen and large community room, and restrooms. Sister Elaine Gregory retires as Principal of our school. She is the last of the sisters of Saint Benedict of Atchison, Kansas to be involved with our school.
|We celebrate our Centennial year. Our current altar, made of Beechwood in 1890 by Brother Adrian Weaver, OFM, is obtained from Conception Abbey. In addition, the church is repainted, and our Sanctuary and statues are restored.
|The church is re-carpeted and our Stations of the Cross are restored by Kathy Hesse and Connie Malewski. Entrance to Monsignor Moriarty Hall is made ADA accessible. A new handcrafted Communion rail is installed.
|The School Sisters of Christ the King come to our school and Parish.
|Under Pastor Reverend Joseph Totten (2005-2012), a traditional Latin Mass is celebrated every Sunday at 12:30 pm
|Under Pastor Reverend Evan Harkins (2012-2020), Major Capital Campaign is undertaken to raise the funds for the restoration of the church roof and interior.
|Major Restoration project is completed in time for Advent and Christmas season.